Thursday, December 11, 2008

Kiawah Half Marathon

Two of my favorite things to do in the whole world are photography and running. At first I was very bitter and disappointed that registration was full when I tried to sign up for the Kiawah Half Marathon, but then I realized that I get to be the photographer for some of my very best friends who did get to register! We spent the weekend in Kiawah and had a blast! More pictures from the rest of the weekend are coming soon!

K-rock, Mary O, and LMR (so we call them) ran the race and kicked butt! I was so proud of them. Here are some of my favs from the big day. You can click to enlarge the collages.




Karin and her husband (and my fellow photographer), Dylan. 

My husband was there supporting as well, but for some reason, I didn't get a blog-worthy shot of him! Bad wife/photographer!
INTRODUCING your Runners:
K-Rock
LMR...ran the race in under 2 hrs
Mary O
The Jump shot (more jump shots to be posted soon :) )
LMR and her boyfriend, Ryan
This picture makes me so happy. I love how they are listening to the ipod together!
Katherine and Dylan mapping out where we need to be in order to catch the runners at 1 mile, 9 miles, and the end. We actually ended up running a good bit to catch up to the runners, so I got 2 of my favorite things after all:). 
Photographer D. Curtis.
Katherine
Ryan & Mary (LMR)
These are the good lucks/goodbyes before the race started...precious.
Runners, get set!
This is a random...I was practicing panning...looks like he's running super fast! So fun.
I had to post this one...the man carrying the flag was a navy seal...here comes the best part...he carried that flag just like that for 26.2 miles!!! OH MY GOSH.
GOOOO TEAM! we liked this woman because every time we cheered for her, a huge smile came across her face. She was wearing a team in training shirt (leukemia and lymphoma society). Karin and Dylan ran a marathon in CA earlier this year with team in training. It is an incredible organization.

These people were out there for the runners, playing their hearts out. I felt like I was in Jamaica! It was so fun!
Karin and Mary O at mile 1, mile 9, and finish. I should explain why I didn't get LMR at 9 miles and finish. At 9 miles she happened to be running by at the same time I was messing with my camera and she finished before we could get back to the finish line from 9 miles. Sorry LMR!
The sassy (sorry Dylan)-we just ran 13.1 miles-after race picture 

We always have to get this picture after a race...oranges are pretty much a guaranteed after-race food. Congratulations guys! We are proud of all of you! 

1 comment:

Karin said...

Can I just say that I love that I am eating something in every picture of my collage.

Also, that one of MaryO and Katherine with the iPod is awesome!

Thanks Sara- you are the best race photographer ever!!